The Head Start Coach will contribute to the high quality professional development efforts of the agency by providing on-site coaching to child care center directors and teachers. The Head Start Coach is responsible for serving as the coaching lead for one or more centers in the Head Start program. Effective Head Start Coaches must be able to build relationships with other staff based on mutual respect, demonstrate effective communication skills, practice conflict resolution skills, have an on-going commitment to learning, possess good observation skills, and model best practices working with young children.
- Ensure full implementation of all aspects of the Head Start program's early learning system, policies/procedures, and tools, with the goal of supporting all children to achieve School Readiness Goals using an interactive process of observation, discussion, and reflection that promotes the provider's ability to grow toward identified goals.
- Model and guide all teaching staff (teachers, assistant teachers, floaters, substitutes and extended day) to recognize the unique abilities of individuals and assist others in valuing everyone's contributions.
- Provide ongoing coaching to teaching staff to support them in successfully fulfilling all aspects of their role, including but not limited to effective practices in the following: CLASS Teacher-Child Interactions, Learning Environments, Curriculum, Meeting All Children's Needs, Working with Families, and Professional Growth and Collaboration.
- Work with teachers to implement program curriculum with fidelity.
- Work with teachers to implement child assessment system reliably, including understanding child outcomes data and using them to plan and individualize.
- Support the teacher/caregiver to provide environments and opportunities to promote the child's growth and development for all developmental domains.
- Assist teachers/caregivers to structure environments, routines and interactions that contribute to positive social-emotional outcomes for the children and families in the program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education OR Bachelor's degree in related field with at least six (6) courses in early childhood education and experience teaching preschool-aged children OR state awarded preschool teaching certification with experience teaching preschool-aged children; Master's degree preferred.
- Previous experience teaching in an early childhood setting; experience with supervision, management or coaching preferred.
- Experience managing an infant/toddler or preschool program.
- Obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Nice To Haves
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Knowledge with the inclusion of children with disabilities preferred
- Knowledge of infant/toddler health and safety licensing requirements
- Skills in collaboration and community partnerships
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, using MS Office applications and other basic data systems including internet navigation
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Community Coordinated Child Care, Inc. (4-C) offers competitive salaries and benefits that include:
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Vacation and Holiday Pay
Community Coordinated Child Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, the presence of non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Salary : $45,000 to $51,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 3 Yrs
Location : Louisville, KY